Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Angels Among Us


I believe that Heavenly Father sends people into our lives at specific times to be "angels" and help us.  Throughout my life I have seen this numerous times.  When I first moved to the town I live in, I remember being nervous about being in a new place.  The first Sunday I went to church, a sister said hello and smiled at me.  It was so simple but it made me feel so welcome.  When I went through my divorce years ago, I had many angels that buoyed me up and were just there to listen and care about me.  Several years ago my Dad was having open heart surgery.  I was not able to be there right when he went in for surgery but I arrived when he was in the recovery room.  I was very touched by this sweet lady that took my Mom under her wing.  She asked my Mom if she was there alone while my Dad was having surgery.  My Mom said yes, for then, until her daughter got there.  This sweet lady told my Mom she was not alone and that she would take care of her until I got there.  Tears still come to my eyes thinking of how kind she was to my Mom. What a sweet example of an angel!  My elderly parents just moved to my town recently, I have been touched at how kind and helpful all of the people have been when I can't always be there for my parents. 

 My journey as a stepmom and blending a family has not been an easy one, but I feel blessed to be a part of a stepmom group locally and to have been able to attend a stepmom retreat lately.  Before I attended the stepmom retreat I met a lady online and emailed back and forth.  She sent me a message the night before I was supposed to leave, saying "Just wanted to let you know I've been praying for you this week.  Safe travels and I'll see you tommorrow." What a beautiful example of kindness she was to me!  Those ladies have no idea how much their kind words of encouragement have helped and reassured me.   I feel like as women we have such a nuturing and kind gift instilled in us.  We can be there for so many people!  Sometimes we have no idea what a difference we can make in each others lives.   It really is the simple things that have made all the difference in my life.  Someone simply giving me a smile, someone being there to comfort the one's I love when I couldn't be there,  someone giving words of encouragement, someone praying for me, and someone just listening when I need to talk.  Remember to put on your "angel wings" by practicing simple acts of kindness.  Your simple acts of kindness can be so empowering and make such a difference in someone else's life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment